This is the first major update since we launched the first beta in early 2016. We have focused on addressing some of the largest feature requests communicated by our beta testers. Here is a high-level list of the changes:
- We have a brand new web site, with a continuously updated blog and learning resources.
- We now support 244 formula functions.
- Calcapp now supports logical fields (holding TRUE or FALSE) as well as text fields.
- There is a new function browser with documentation for all 244 formula functions.
- The names of fields can now be inserted easily into your formulas.
- Dates and times are now supported for input and output fields.
- Error handling has been significantly improved.
- You can now format numbers as plain numbers, as percentages and fractions, using scientific notation and as currency.
- Some little-used layout features have been removed.
- The appearance of your apps has been improved.
We've made a few changes to the way you write formulas in this release, mainly to improve compatibility with Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications. Some of your formulas may need to be edited in order to work with the new release. Refer to these notes for details.
Finally, we now have a presence on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Be sure to use these communities to keep track of our progress or to ask us questions. (You're still welcome to send us e-mail and you can keep track of new blog posts using the RSS feed.)